Posted in 3rd June 2019 by Bethany Johns
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help Maison Cambria Limited (Maison, or “we” “us” etc) make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide a better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
- Our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. The first-party cookies are ones used by us or on our behalf, are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect of your personally identifiable data.
- The third-party cookies which are those created by third parties and used on our website. They are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and providing you with a better and improved user experience. They also help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement. This is in the interests of our clients and users as well as in our interests.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
How can I control the cookie preferences?
- In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You may also manage cookies on popular browsers using the following links which were correct as at 25 October 2019:
- To find information on how to manage cookies with other browsers, visit the browser developer’s
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout